Sunday, October 17, 2010

Touchdown!


Yesterday was somewhat of a lounge day for Mike, Brayden, and I. We did not do much, just laid around the house. About mid-afternoon, we decided to go to Target to look for a new rug for our living room. When we returned, Brayden and I went to go play outside with his SpongeBob football. We started by walking around and talking. I tried to play catch with him but he (I guess) did not want to play. While we were at the playground in the complex, two little boys came and started to play on the playground. Not even two seconds after they said, “HI” to Brayden he threw the ball straight to them! He did not want to play with Mommy; he wanted to play with the big boys. These two boys probably were about 12-years-old. They were nice and started to play catch with Brayden.

As Brayden was tossing the ball to them, he started out with a soft throw, working his way up to a one handed toss! It was sooooo cute watching Brayden play with these older kids. I was somewhat nervous because they were older and more rough then I wanted them to be. Nonetheless, Brayden was throwing the ball like a pro! Then they started running around, and showed brayden how to do a touchdown, and touchdown dance! It was soo adorable because they would run, Brayden would spike the ball, and both the little boys and Brayden would dance screaming, “TOUCHDOWN!”

Once they danced and did a touchdown a few times, Brayden started throwing the ball over his head and they would catch it! It was so cute. Next thing we know there was a loud sounds in the sky. The sounds grew louder and louder, Brayden freezes and yells (pointing to the sky), “AIRPLANE!” The two little boys were impressed with how responsive he was! I was thinking to myself, “DUH! My child is not only going to the pros for football, but is a genius as well!”

After awhile, Mommy wanted to go inside. Therefore, I went to go tell Brayden it was time to go home and he DID NOT like that. He wanted to stay outside to play with the big boys! Therefore, we stayed a little while longer eventually going inside so he could eat his snack.

I was somewhat hesitant at first for Bryaden to play with these little boys because the children here in the complex are not the most well disciplined, however, the little boys did great with Brayden. So, note to mom, “Brayden wants to play football with the big boys, not you!” Lol.

In addition, I wanted to add that Brayden has become a very well mannered little boy. He says, “Please and Thank you” when he wants and or receives something. He is so charming. What is so amazing about it all is that Mike and I do not have to tell him to say thank you, he says it all on his own. We are so proud!

Brayden:

Watching you play and have that big smile on your face is soo rewarding. I love seeing you happy and enjoying yourself. You mean so much to me, I do not think you will ever know how loved you truly are. You are always so sweet, happy, and energetic. You love when mommy and daddy chase you around the house. Last night you would come up to me, act like you were going to give me a kiss, and when I leaned into you to give you a big wet one, you took off running wanting me to catch you! You love watching/paying football with your daddy as well. You mean the world to us, and we love you more than you will ever know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a neat story! Big kids are so much fun to our little guys :) Don't worry, he will always want to do stuff with Mommy ... maybe just not football. He wanted to be cool Mom! :)

Deborah said...

Yeah, I agree with Rachey. That is exactly what I thought as I read the story. Mommy, don't you know that there is no such thing as "girls" in real football? Duh!