As we all know, the Military has its ups and downs. I vision the Army with a love/hate relationship, because you just never know what the next obstacle will be. There are so many uncertainties that you take each day with a grain of salt and believe only paperwork that states the truth. In this particular case, Mike will be deploying soon. I am not going into detail because of OPSEC (military confidentiality), however, I want my family and friends who read this blog to know that in a few months Mike will be deploying.
Brayden and I are devastated and trying to prepare for this long journey we have before us. This departing will be more difficult for both Mike and I because we do have Brayden and being apart for a year is definitely something no parent ever wants to experience. We are valuing the time we have together and I plan to utilize this blog more so now than ever before.
We love our Soldier, husband, father, and backbone more then he may ever know. We love you Daddy!
2 comments:
Yes indeed. It will be hard not only for you and Brayden, but for Mike who will be so far away. Perhaps you, Mike, and Brayden can make some "bideos" that Mike can take with him. Then, every so often while he is gone, make another "bideo"... This way, although he is not with you, he can virtually experience both you and Brayden from afar. You can have virtual conversations with Mike in the bideo, telling him how the week went, any news you would otherwise have written in a letter. All you need is a web camera and microphone (comes with the computer) and a few disks (found at Staples, Sams, Office Depot). Then... you're good to go! Bring on 'da "bideos"
When he returns, because having spent virtual time together every so often, it will be less of a "shock" to see how much Brayden has grown. And, he most likely won't feel so far removed.
BTW, I can help you make them since I made a few "bideos" before... :-)
Even though the Army is Mike's chosen profession-he knows what he's in for! And it's never easy! We all have to be strong and we will get through this again! You have friends and family to support you! (You just need to call antyime!)We are here for you! Keeping up the blog and the webcam will definately be a blessing for you guys! Hopefully the year will just fly by and Mike will be home safe where he belongs!
Love you guys!!!!
Post a Comment