Monday, May 16, 2011

Brayden's Second Birthday Party!

May 11, 2009: Mommy and Daddy in the hospital right after Brayden was born. What a proud and memorable moment!


May 11, 2010: Yet, another proud moment—watching our sweet Brayden turn a year old!




May 11, 2011: Gosh, where do I begin? Looking back at the previous years and reflecting on today—is truly shocking! So much has changed over the past two-years that I honestly do not know where to begin. Therefore, I am going to start a little list to see if I can name a few.

• We moved from Texas to Colorado
• Brayden is so bright and intelligent
• Sweet and caring
• Understanding and compassionate
• Smart and intelligent
• Speaks like a pro
• Has used the potty
• Enjoys books
• Receives pleasure by taking advantage of Mommy
• Tries to pull fast ones on Dad, and succeeds 80% of time (he-he)
• Mike deployed May 11, 2011
• Celebrated Braydens second b-day at Gymboree
• Brayden has two girlfriends at school
• Loves balls, and any kind of sport you can play with them
• Is fascinated by airplanes and Choo-choo trains (as he likes to say)
• Plays better with older children
• Attends Lil kickers every Thurs.
• I am graduated in May 2012
• We moved into a house
• Brayden’s favorite movies are Finding Nemo, Wall-E, and Penguins of Madagascar
• Tests his limits by seeing how far he can go
• Reminds me of myself as a child, because if Brayden wants something, he will ask repeatedly until I go ballistic in hopes that I will at some point give in
• Acts like Daddy!
• Adorable
• After reading a book to him, he retains the story and is able to explain it with you
• Has a beauty mark on his left foot big toe, and I have one on my cheek


Well, those were just a few of many things I could think of in a matter of minutes. Either way, you can see the development that has occurred over the past year, and the joy Mike and I share everyday when it comes to our sweet tushie-butt!

Anyway, as you already know Nana and Aunt Kiki were here for Braydens Birthday. Mike and I decided to go all out this year, because we really didn’t celebrate his first birthday. So, for his second birthday we celebrated at Gymboree, which is a kid’s gym that holds classes with climbing equipment, developmental and educational activities, and provide the opportunity for Brayden to interact with children other then at school. Brayden attends class at Gymboree every Saturday, and cannot get enough of it! Hence, why Gymboree was the perfect destination for this celebration!

Brayden had a sports themed party, which included the activities within the play time to be primarily sports. His cake, decorations, and everything else was Mickey Mouse themed. Brayden had such a blast! In addition, we had a great turn out! During the class Brayden could not get enough of the attention, because it was his birthday party, he was able to go first for everything! The look on Braydens face was absolutely priceless. Of course, being the little rebel he is, two of his little girl friends from school were there, and the three of them were having their own party off to the side!

After play time, it was time to have snack, cake, and open presents! The celebration headed into the party room; where Gymboree had previously decorated and had everything set up, and this is where the kids sat down to eat their goldfish and applesauce, followed with some cake!

Lastly, after everyone was done eating we sat down to open the mountain of presents! Brayden was truly blessed this year, and we are appreciative of the generous family and friends we have upon us! After a long day and loads of fun, Nana, Kiki, Mike, Brayden, and I headed home to relax, unpack, and eat more cake!

This birthday party was amazing and a great success! Mike and I want only the best for our little tushie, because he deserves it! Love you!!

Play Time!






















The three musketeers!


Beginning of Cake and Snack!






Starting the gift opening Extravaganza!













Someone got to come home to a brand new Hot Wheels Bike! Hooray!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Wish I could have been there. Next year!

Deborah said...

Brayden is growing so fast!